The Maine Fire Marshals and the Maine Forest Service investigated an incident where Richard Freve, 66, from Buckfield was seriously injured while burning brush.

The incident occurred at 459 Turner Street in Auburn, when Freve applied gasoline to the brush he was trying to burn. He received burns to his upper body and was taken by LifeFlight by Maine Medical Center.

The Forest Service and Fire Marshal would like to remind you that it can be incredibly dangerous to use accelerants on a fire.

More Central Maine News »