The FBI is warning about possible scams involving COVID-19 vaccines and what you should be aware about.
Here are the signs of potential scams:
- You are asked to pay out of pocket to get the vaccine.
- You are asked to pay to put your name on vaccine waiting list or to get early access.
- Advertisements for vaccines through social media platforms, email, telephone calls, online, or from unsolicited/unknown sources.
- Marketers offering to sell or ship doses of the vaccine for payment.
- Protect yourself. Do not give out your personal information to unknown sources.
Latest on COVID-19 in Central Maine »
Don't fall prey to COVID-19 vaccine distribution schemes. If you're asked to pay out of pocket to get the vaccine, or you're asked for $ or personal information to get early access, it's a scam. Don't give out personal information to unknown sources! https://t.co/060xw7DP50 pic.twitter.com/oZYWF8fv8a
— U.S. Attorney Maine (@USAO_ME) January 29, 2021